Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Some Random Thoughts....

It's been a very busy week but I felt like I wanted to get a post out to keep myself honest and keep my fan (Hi Mom) up to date.

First, the baby update.

We had another checkup today and all goes perfectly, still. My wife didn't like the part where the doctor said "Things are moving along very nicely toward your due date". She was looking for something more like "IT'S CROWNING"!!

My weight has been dropping very slowly but steadily. I'm down about 7 lbs but still want to take off at least another 15 lbs before my daughters wedding in mid July. No sweat. ;-)

As for my workouts:

I've worked out at least once a day, every day, for the past 3 weeks, so you can imagine how tired I was last night when I went to bed.! I had convinced myself I was going to sleep in this morning. I was SO CLOSE! Just walk up those steps and get in bed Kevin!

But NOOOOOOO Not me. I had to check my computer and read some of my favorite blogs.

So I read about Jen's 12-a-day workouts that include swimming, running, biking, and lifting. What's wrong Jen! No time for skeet shooting!!?? :-) Reading her daily workouts will make you feel like a wimp, no matter what you are doing. So, up I got at 4:40 am this morning for my 6 mile run. No skeet shooting today though. So if you are sitting around on your butt too much, check her out at http://runningstories.blogspot.com/ but be prepared to feel lazy! Jen is just one of my inspirations.

Still need more inspiration? Click on over to see what Maddy's got planned. The girl just ran a 12k last Saturday and is now talking about entering a half marathon in Charlotte on March 10 already! I say GO FOR IT MADDY!

Or how about Susan who will run her final training run tomorrow as she tapers for her first MARATHON this Sunday!

And if reading about all this exercise is making you as tired as me, check out MarathonChris. Working full time, raising 2 daughters and running wasn't enough for her. So now she's going to add podcasting to her resume!

So you can see what I was talking about when I started this blog. I warned you all up front I was a user! Just look back at my first few post's if you don't believe me! I am using these people, and of course my other hero's, Steve, Adam, and Nigel to get what I want! And I want to stay motivated to eat better, work out more, and make darn sure that I live by my favorite quote ever, from Fdip,



"Life is short, but it should be long enough"


But now, after reading what all these cool people are doing.....



I'm Sleepy


6 comments:

Maddy said...

Thanks for the link Kevin! I think you are doing a fantastic job yourself! With a baby on the way, most poppas are adding the pounds, you are going in the other direction.

You ran 6 miles this morning!

I think you are awesome!

Susan said...

Thanks, Kevin! You and your blog are AWESOME!

Cory said...

You da man! Getting up early and getting out there is great. As you know, your days of sleeping in ad about the come to a screeching halt. Keep up the good work on the weight loss.

MarathonChris said...

You are doing super!! You are out there everyday. That is a challenge for anyone.

And we are watching to keep you honest....actually to keep you encouraged and to be encouraged by you as well.

Congrats on the weight loss progress. No doubt you will reach your goal.

jen said...

Ha ha, Kevin you are hilarious. I've never shot skeet but you never know what I"ll be up to this weekend. :D

Great job getting up early and running! I'm so glad to hear the baby and the wife are doing well. :) I don't know if you read the blog htttp://chadintheazdesert.blogspot.com (the link is on my blog too) but his wife just had a baby a couple of weeks ago, and he's really kept at his workout routine, it's inspriring. Check it out! :)

Irish Blue said...

Great job on the weight loss. I hope I can do a little of that before my half marathon.