Friday, February 9, 2007

SELF TORTURE!!



If this weather doesn't break soon, and I can head back outside, I'll, I'll.. Well lets not even go there!

Another day of zero ( ZERO! As in nada, naught, nil, nix, nothing, null, void, zilch, zip) degree temperatures! Now I have been running for 23 years, and have run plenty of times in this weather, but the snow hasn't had a chance to melt yet, and the sidewalks where I run are still covered. I'm a nut, but not nutty enough to run in the streets ate 5:00 am in the pitch dark!

Anyway, I plugged away at a 9:40 pace for 40 minutes with Nigel, who, by the way, got a new mic and sounds much better.

It's been a very good week in the eating arena. Cut back on the calories, tried to eat much healthier, and seem to have lost a little over a pound. Dang it's lot more fun gaining than losing this weight!

It's supposed to reach all the way to 30 degrees this Sunday, and I've promised my Garmin 205 I'd take him for a run. Something for us both to look forward to.

1 comment:

MarathonChris said...

Hang in there Kevin. I gotta hand it to you northern folks. I am not sure if I could run in that cold stuff. Even on a cold day here, it doesn't require navigating on ice or snow.

You are doing a great job with the eating - keep it up!!!

Your Garmin will wait patiently for you :-)