Sunday, February 4, 2007

Lets Get To It

So, if I am going to make good use of this BLOG, I will need goals. I'll need to define what I want from myself, and this blog, and a time frame. So lets get on with it...

First of all, I'll be 50 in April, with new bouncing bundle of poop. That means less sleep than I get now. Maybe less time to exercise. Maybe a lot of changes from the way my life is today. To make this work, I'll need ENERGY!! Lots of it too!

Although I don't have energy issues now, I don't have my new he/she either! And I can't imagine having the energy I'll need in my present condition. Huh? My present condition you say? Oh, well.. here's the scoop on that.

I'm 49, 5'10" and 220 lbs. I'd LOVE to be 185 lbs but I'd kiss a pig to be 195! That's 25 lbs. No big deal huh? Right Mr. Tinkoff?

I currently run 4-5 days a week for 5 to 6 miles a stretch. On days I do not run, I'm on the elliptical trainer for an hour.

So I think we can agree that my aerobic training is OK. So whats the deal with my weight then?

Well first of all, I KNOW I don't eat right. In addition, did you see anywhere I mentioned weight training? Me neither.

So my plan is going to be to adjust my eating, and start lifting weights!

My plan will be to do my aerobic exercise on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. I'll lift on Tuesday and Thursdays, and spend Saturdays changing diapers.

I am hoping that, by noting my progress, or lack thereof, I'll have the drive to get into Daddy shape as soon as I can!!! Not to mention my daughter is getting married in July and I don't want to rent a tent as my tux!!

So there you have it, send me whatever help you can, and say a little prayer for me.

Lets Get To It!!

1 comment:

MarathonChris said...

Wow, all that training and still weight to lose? Our friend Dr. Monty at Fitness Rocks swears by the Mediterrainean diet. You might even have other dietary problems (celiac disease, fibromyalgia, or food allergies) that could cause you to retain weight and not process food correctly. You might check into some of them.

I will be checking in to see how you do! Hang in there. Sounds like some exciting days are ahead for you :-)