Monday, March 5, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust!

First it was a mention on Phedippidations (Why do I always have to look up the spelling of that!), and now not only did Nigel give me a mention (yes, I'm the Kevin he spoke about surprising his wife by proposing in a BBC interview in Manchester England after a 10k a few years ago) but he also linked my blog to his web site AND mentioned me in the same podcast as MarathonChris! ;-) Hi Chris. It was a good weekend. Now that just leaves Adam to conquer! I can't afford to track him down, wherever the heck he is today, but I'll get to him somehow! ;-)

Same Ole Same Ole on the baby front. My wife continues to find it more and more difficult to walk, stand, sleep, and eat. Other than that, no biggie. Honey, did you know the gestation period of elephants is 22 months?


We have started packing for the hospital. My wife is expecting me to stay at the hospital with her. I'm a tad apprehensive about this one, but I packed a bag also. Wonder what else I need besides my camera and Power Bars? This is yet another new one on me. I was in the room during my other 4 kids births, but this time I'm being asked questions like "Will I be staying in the room with my wife" and "Will I be cutting the umbilical cord". Cut what?? Uhm.. is this gonna hurt anyone???????? Yea, I know, but still. I am having dreams about my new daughter hating me when she is a teenager, blaming ME for her "Outtie" bully button!


So enough about me! Everyone make sure to check out the NEWEST MARATHON RUNNER on the planet, Susan! That's her over there, still smiling after all those miles! She ran and finished the Little Rock Marathon on Sunday, March 4 and is still on the HIGH! Great job Susan, you stud you! If you are like me, you love to read about ordinary people doing extraordinary things, and Susan just did that! She and I have never met, but sometimes when my alarm goes off, and my eyes fight with me not to open, I think about her and what she is doing, and I get out of bed and on the road. My eyes don't like Susan and much as I do. ;-) Check out the great details of her latest extraordinary event, then get off the darn couch and move!
BTW.. Lost another pound in the past few days too. Won't be looking in the Lost & Found for it though!
Peace....

6 comments:

Susan said...

WOW! This is an honor!!!!

Kevin said...

Honor?? I assume you mean what an honor it is that you are reading MY blog the day after you ran 26.2 miles!!! Dang girl. I've run 5 marathons and even my EYES hurt the day after!

Go lay down on the couch and rest.. but only for a little while ;-)

MarathonChris said...

Geez, Kevin, I better give you a mention on my podcast. I am hoping to have the first edition out this week. I am not sure how the sound quality will be, but I have a couple of run casts (yes I am running again) to edit down.

Cool that you are the runner that proposed at the race! That's love!

Kevin said...

You all see it here in writing! That's a legally binding contract! MarathonChris is going to mention ME in her very first podcast! :-)

Irish Blue said...

Awesome news about Susan! I love reading about ordinary people doing fun and extraordinary things too.

Cute story about the belly button! Of course, teenage daughters have an endless list of reasons why they dislike their parents, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

On my blog, you mentioned all of your kids are in Columbus. Have they taken you to BDs Mongolian BBQ yet in the Arena District? It's very good. You might want to go after the diet/wedding.

MarathonChris said...

Well, I broke my contract :-(. In my rush to get out the first edition of my podcast, I did not mention you....but I WILL mention you on episode 2. Sorry about that. Hope you will still listen.