Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Juggler



First and foremost....

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Thank you ALL for the sweet post's, the prayers, thoughts and all the kind words. We have never met, but there is NO doubt that you are all my friends and I am SO thankful you come visit from time to time. So before I say anything else, Thank you SO much!

Now...


After a week of this new fatherhood thing, it's clear to me that my life is now a total juggling act! It's SO amazing how a birth of a little one changes completely your life. It's obviously not my first child but it's been so long (23 years) that it might as well be. It's all so different or it's been erased from my memory banks. But it's ALL good!

So now my life is trying to juggle everything and get it all in during a short 24 hour period. How can I get enough sleep? How can I fit my run it? Mow the lawn, make the bottles, help clean the house, oh yea, and work too.

My wife is staying home from work for about 12 weeks, and then she will add that to HER juggling act as well.

But like I said, it's all good and I wouldn't change a thing for the world!

Somehow, I've managed to get my runs in during this whole deal as well. Shorter runs so I can get home sooner, but that's part of juggling. The weight is good too. Amazing how hard it is to eat while holding a baby!

And it's way too soon to put this doll down to eat!

My 4 older kids have all taken to Connor in a way that melts my heart. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but they all feel like they have a new brother, which of course they do, but you know what I mean. They could have reacted differently, and I had small fears they might.

So now I no longer training for a long run. I'm now, for a while, in training for a long NIGHT!

And not that I have started one enormous change in my life, it's time to add another one. So, tomorrow, April 4th...



THE BIG 50! And I say
BRING IT ON!







Peace...






5 comments:

Maddy said...

You're fitting it all in and hangin' tough!

Wishing you a great 50th tomorrow.

Happy Birthday!

jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kevin!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Susan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! 50 never looked better!

I'd be willing wager that a 50-year-old new "second time around" dad gets a bit more pleasure from a newborn than a 20-something new dad, somehow. So you have it ALL - wisdom AND an adorable child!

Irish Blue said...

Happy Birthday Kevin! That baby is going to keep you young. Sounds like you're having fun the second time around...very cool.

ShirleyPerly said...

Happy be-lated birthday! Wow, what a great way to celebrate turning 50. Keep smiling, running and juggling :-)