Tuesday, April 24, 2007

In AWE!!



Yo, dog, check it out... (I feel like Randy Jackson from American Idol). That's Jen over there with the smile that starts at one ear and ends at the other! She did something way more important than just running the Boston Marathon last week. She made memories that will last forever! And to add to that, she met and actually spoke with St. Steven on this weeks episode of F'dip!


I've said this before, I'm a USER!


I see people set a goal, spend weeks and months working their butts off to achieve those goals, and finally let nothing stand in their way to achieve them, and I sit back in AWE of it all.


If you can read Jen's recap of her Boston Marathon run (http://runningstories.blogspot.com/), and not want to lace up your shoes and head out of the door, I find it hard to believe you are reading this blog to begin with. I've read her blog for a while now, as she runs, swims, and lifts weights (sometimes all on the same day!!), all because she had a goal and this is what she had to do to reach that goal.



It's not just Jen's Boston. It's Nigel's Stafford Half Marathon. It's Melisa's LaSalle Bank Half Marathon (that's her on the left Grrrrr ;-)

It's Cory running through the nasty hills and weather in Colorado, preparing for the Colorado Mini-Marathon (15 miles is Mini????).

It's Chris who has her hands in 1200 different things (I counted) and still finds time to run and put together a podcast, all the while bringing her family on the trip!

There are SO many more cool people training for races that I use all the time! I use them for inspiration. They don't lace up my shoes for me, but MANY times it's because of them I am doing it!

So what's my point? I KNOW I had one! Oh yes.. If you are not using them already for YOUR inspiration, try it! Read their blogs. See what they go through. Then lace'em up and get out of the door!

My guess is.. none of these people cares if you use them! Jen? Melisa? Mind if we use you? ;-)

All I know is, that until they tell ME differently, I'm gonna use them! I'm gonna use them to train for and run a half marathon this year. I'm gonna use them to lose about 10 more pounds before my daughter's wedding in July. I'm gonna use them to do whatever I need to do to achieve my goals. Join me....

Peace...

5 comments:

Susan said...

I agree! Use away! I find everyone so inspirational! And that includes YOU.

MarathonChris said...

Heya Kevin! Use me :-)

Of course you haven't done too shabby yourself, turning 50, having a new beautiful son, graduating kids and marrying off others.

You da man!

Maddy said...

I agree with Susan and Marathon Chris - Have at!

As long as I can use you. finding time to get your runs in with an infant and everything else you have going on... That is truly inspirational!

Irish Blue said...

Awe, you're so sweet! Hey, running a half is not as exhausting as what you have been up to lately!!

Train for that half. All of your cyber-buds will be here for you.

jen said...

Ha ha, Thanks Kevin for posting my picture with the awesome BILL RODGERS!!! That was a big highlight of my Boston trip. The other, was of course running with the awesome Steve Runner!! :) Wow, I was lucky.

If I would have thought ahead, I would have given a big shout out to you and the other bloggers. ;) But I honestly didn't even consider that he was recording until after we split up. Duh! I am proud of it though, I forwarded the link to all my family (and posted it on my blog). Thanks for sharing the story here too! :)