Monday, December 3, 2007

He's Making His List!!

The Internet really IS the best thing ever invented, and it's only at Christmas that I truly appreciate it. While you nutty woman (I use that term in a loving way) get up at 2:00 am the day after Thanksgiving to shop, there I sit, mouse in one hand, Starbucks Venti in the other, and blast through my shopping list faster than you can say I Love You Al Gore!
Seriously, I have ordered so much over the Internet I now have to stop so I have something to buy when my wife and I take a day off work to shop together!

It's the only thing that keeps me from screaming BAH, HUMBUG at the top of my lungs during this time of year. I'm not a shopper at all! I can't stand the crowds. I can't stand waiting in lines, I can't stand wasting a tank of gas trying to find a parking space in the same zip code as the mall I'm shopping at!

So, along with my Christmas shopping, my running and cross training are going pretty well. I've been running (although a lot less miles) 4 times a week and getting my swole on ;-) twice a week.

I STILL wish there was some way I could make myself enjoy lifting weights like I do running. I always feel very good AFTER I lift, but I generally have to make myself get to the gym and lift. But I'll keep it up, or try anyway, and see how things go. Is should be easier to keep it up during the cold winter months!

So that's it from Cincinnati. Hope everything is going well in your part of the world. Maybe you should let me know how it's going over at The Extra Mile Podcast!!!!!


Peace....










8 comments:

Susan said...

I could eat Connor with a spoon! :)

I, too, hate the real life shopping. No kidding. I'd rather pay $10 in shipping than face the crowds.

All is well here. Home from Memphis. Wondering about my post-marathon shaping-up plan (which I have... I just wonder if it will WORK)

Marathon Maritza said...

Seriously, he is TOO CUTE. I might faint with cuteness overload.

ShirleyPerly said...

What a cutie pie!

I hear ya on the shopping thing. I hate it too and buy nearly everything online except groceries.

Petraruns said...

What a gorgeous little man! I get big boxes from Amazon every day - I cannot bear the thought of fighting the crowds for crap.. If it's not on sale online, we're not getting it.
And I promise I will put something together for the Extra Mile! Promise!

jen said...

Awww! What a sweet baby. :)

I admit I'm out there with the masses on Black Friday, but I am all DONE with my shopping on that day. I do a bit of online shopping too though.

Great job on the weight training! Keep it up and you will start to look forward to it- especially as you are able to increase your weights. You're doing great! :)

peter said...

Lookit that cute baby! How could you not be out shopping for him? Lifting weights is something I've been considering for a long time now. In the interim I started yoga. Surprisingly, it helps your core strength a lot.

Irish Blue said...

Those are the most adorable pics ever!

Glad to hear all is well with the training. I just listened to the last podcast and it was great. The doc gave some excellent advice on cross training. Thanks! Very informative.

CewTwo said...

Strength training? I hate it. 'Nuff said.

My cross training? Snow bashing jeep trails. Have the jeep take you as far as it can, then get out and set the winch. Then do it again, then do it again, etc. Wait! Maybe strength training is not so bad after all!

Oh yeah! Internet, Internet, Internet!!! Is the definition of a mall, huge parking lots without a place to park? The only store I actually went to was a "See's Candy." 30 minute wait for a cashier while as fast as the shelves were stocked, they were emptied again! At least I got the "Nuts & Chews" that I was after. Next year, I'll see if they offer through the internet...