Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Another BIG Weekend for Kevin!

Yep, that's ME over there. The one in the middle!

I gained a new PERFECT baby son just 15 weeks ago and now, after 27 years, I'm losing one of my PERFECT daughters. :-(

After almost a year long engagement, with Daddy in complete denial, in just a few short days I will be walking my baby down that isle and turn her over to another man. *Sigh*

But I've decided that this is ALL good. Just another great moment in this unbelievable year in my life!

So I've got my seat belt strapped tight and I'm ready for the ride... well, at least until I have to dance with the beautiful bride.


For those of you who are NOT listening to The Extra Mile Podcast (and I'm taking names), my training for a couple of half marathons this fall is going pretty good. I now have a training plan I will read in detail, digest, and begin tackling it first thing next week after my big weekend! It always tends to re-energize me when I have a goal and a plan. We shall see. Hopefully the weather will cooperate too and the MILLION degree heat will subside!

Everyone have a GREAT weekend and let you know how I survived this weekend soon.

Peace....

4 comments:

Susan said...

I love it!

I will be running a 5K in Maine on Friday evening before attending a wedding there on Saturday. Come Monday, it is marathon training time!

I will be submitting something for The Extra Mile soon! We have purchased a microphone!

Maddy said...

Have a fantastic weekend!

This has been one amazing year!

Irish Blue said...

Awesome news Dad! You have definitely had a big year!

I have been listening to the podcast (write that down) and can't wait to hear about your training plan.

MarathonChris said...

Congratulations on another significant milestone in your life!!! Enjoy the wedding (or hope you enjoyed the wedding). What a proud moment!