Friday, November 14, 2008

Welcome Back Kevin


After a LONG time without blogging, I'm back. Hopefully on a more regular basis.

We spent some time last week in the beautiful state of Florida in a condo on the beach. It always amazes me to see how much money there is along the beach front!!


As with every vacation I take, I ate WAY too much and once back, feel like a real slug.


Got a couple of nice runs in while I was there. But today is my last day of vacation and it's time to get serious again!

So can you believe it??? TWINS?? After my WILD 2007, I'm now in for another WILD ride in 2009. Let me recap...

2007:

  • turned 50
  • 1 kid graduated from college
  • 1 kid graduated from Law School
  • had a new baby (might need to re-read this one)
  • 1 kid got married

Yea, all that in one year! So now, after a very boring 2008 ;-) I need to ramp up for 2009 when I have this going on...

  • new TWINS in March!!
  • new GRANDCHILD IN JUNE!!

Yes, that's right. My oldest daughter who got married in 2007 is now pregnant and is due June 6. So, I'll have a 2 year old and twins babies in March AND will be a grandfather in June!! (Head spinning)

So over the next week or so I will be reevaluating my work outs and eating habits AGAIN. I'm going to need all the energy I can get and I'm not built for that right now!

Wish me luck!!

Peace....





6 comments:

lizzie lee said...

Kevin, welcome back... Enjoy the fatherhood, and the grand-fatherhood... Congratulations and thanks for sharing all your family milestones.

lizzie lee said...

Your beach picture is priceless...

Susan said...

That is a GREAT pic!!! You can manage it all, I am certain.

A friend said this of her husband: "He used to life weights all the time. Once we had our sun because he said he no longer had to be buff, but he has to live forever!" Ha.

Petraruns said...

I love the photo... And you're absolutely right - you will need your fitness more than ever. Good luck with it!

Tammy said...

Hey Kevin, welcome back to the blogging world, wow twins, how fun!!!!! At least you have big family, nothing like having a big family during the holiday's. Getting back into working out would so some good, have your little one join you when you work out,(a jogging stroller, run back in forth in the lot with him) they love it. My kids now want to run with more than ever, it's so cool how we can inspire our kids. As long as you take care of yourself, your wife and kids need you!!!

Cory said...

Kevin, I have been away too and missed it. Welcome back.